A trust or a private foundation is a central feature of the planning arrangements of many high net worth individuals and families. The effective use of trusts or foundations require meticulous planning and administration.
We establish trusts and foundations in many various jurisdictions, covering the needs of both common law and civil law clients
A properly constituted structure will assist you with:
- Asset protection and preservation
- Estate, succession and tax planning, including minimising inheritance tax
- Inheritance management and the avoidance of forced heirship
- Provisioning for the future needs of children or other dependents
- Holding of private wealth and the retention of family property
Our experienced team of professionals provides a comprehensive range of services for the establishment and administration of trusts, including:
- Management and administration of all forms of trust and foundation structures
- Provision of professional and experienced corporate trustees
- Family office services
Foundations may be viewed as a civil law equivalent to common law trusts. Foundations are an excellent alternative to common law trusts providing the same level and quality of confidentiality, tax planning, asset protection, estate planning, future wealth reservation and social responsibility.
The major difference with the trust is that the Foundation is a legal person whilst the trust is a legal relationship. We can set up and manage foundations for you in various jurisdictions.
Effective use of trusts & foundations requires careful planning